Monday, November 14, 2011

Countdown to Thanksgiving: 10 days

I have been a countdown slacker!

Okay... I'm thankful for Grandparents!

This past Sunday was a high- and low day.  That morning we found out that my Grandfather is in the hospital.  He is my last-surviving grandpa, and I was NOT expecting to hear that at all.  He is going to be fine, but will be in the hospital for a few days.  Then, that evening, we celebrated Cooper's Grandpa's 80th birthday.  It was a surprise and we had a lot of fun.

Anywho, we have lots of GREAT grandparents in our family and I really am thankful for them all.  I know that if I have a problem, ONE of our grandparents will know how to fix it.

If my thread is jammed in my sewing machine, you bet I'll call my Grandma Sybil. 
If I need an idea about decorating, I'll call Grandma Nancy. 
If I'm stumped on the name of an old movie but I really want to watch it, I can call Grandpa Don and he'd help me figure out which one I'm thinking of.
If my garage door just won't close and I can't figure it out, I could call my Grandpa John and he'd walk me through what to do.
If Coop misses the BSU game and needs a quick score check, Grandpa Bill is the person to call.
If I need some tips on dealing with my crazy 4 year old, Grandma Hazel could give me some good ones.
If my bread just doesn't turn out one day and I can't figure out why, I could call Grandma Charlene and she could figure out why.

I'm thankful that I have that opportunity to have such valuable knowledge just a phone call away. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on our Jaunt