Friday, December 10, 2010

Thirty Days of Us: Day Twenty Three

Day 23- Something you Crave

Lately, it's been...

Especially in tortellini soup.... mmmm. Here is my favorite tortellini soup recipe:

1 lb. Italian Sausage (MUST be Italian! I like to get it from my butcher and get 1/2lb mild and 1/2lb hot!)
1 cup Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
5 cups beef broth
1/2 cup water
1 qt stewed tomatoes
1 can sliced carrots
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
8 oz can tomato sauce
3 Tbs. Parsley
1 1/2 cup sliced Zucchini (I usually just dice two zucchinis)
8 oz tortellini (or if I'm really wanting it I get the big family size and add an extra 2 cups of water)

Brown sausage and onion. Add the next 8 ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes. Last, add parsley, zucchini and tortellini and cook until tender. Top with Parm cheese!

SO YUMMY.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on our Jaunt