Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Jaunting Back

I was in the car with my mother in law and sister in law earlier this week and we got to talking about BLOGS...

And then the conversation that mine at the moment sucks, needs some love.  The problem is, while a lot has happened in the past year, it's not necessarily


You know what I mean?  But then I got to thinking, and they actually are pretty cool... So I'll give you a recap of FIVE big things that happened since the new year.  (Mostly Chronological...)



1. We Moved.  


   We are still in good 'ole SL,UT but in a different location...and I'm loving it.  We walk EVERYWHERE, I have probably driven myself somewhere MAYBE twice a month.  It's LOVELY!

Since I don't have a picture of the house readily available, here is a new wreath for our door.  Heh.






2.  I started a business...

I've been doing transcription with my mom for the past year and recently started my own business with it.  Basically I type out audio files for movies, businesses, and people doing investigative work.  It's pretty cool.   And I've learned A LOT!

 So far I've worked on 3 documentaries and with various companies, and most recently the 2013 America's Cup.  Pretty fun! 

Here's my website:






3. Cooper turned the big 3-0.

Oh boy!











4. Astrid turned TWO! 

We had a total blast.  In the morning I decorated the house, made birthday cake pancakes (*Recipe on bottom of post!), Mr. Chuck-E-Cheese hosted a lovely family party, and had cake a presents at home.  It was low key and very, very fun!









5. Marcus started Kindergarten!  

He is having THE BEST TIME EVER.  Every day he talks about something fun he did, like today he painted tigers with ink in art...! Mmm-kay bud!










So it's been a pretty fun year so far.  Probably blog worthy... sorry I didn't let you in, dear readers... I'm starting anew (again!), and am going to try harder (again, again!), and make more time for y'all (again, again, again!).  I'm going to try to add more tutorials on fun C-R-A-F-T-S and add more yummy recipes!  And of course lots of kid pics and (hopefully) funny, good stories.   So to start it off... 

*Here is that recipe I promised...

No-Fail Pancakes 
(Birthday-Cake Pancake Variation Below!)

2 c flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 t baking powder 
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 egg
3 T melted butter
2 c milk
1 T lemon juice

Preheat oven to 200 degrees (to keep made pancakes warm) and put in a heatproof plate.  And preheat your griddle to 350 degrees. (Or a skillet on medium/medium-high for five minutes)

Whisk together milk and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.  In a separate bowl, add all dry ingredients together and whisk.  Make a large hole in the middle of the dry ingredients.  Add egg to the milk and whisk, pour into dry ingredients, then fold in melted butter.  Mix until JUST together and STILL LUMPY!

Cook pancakes until brown, flip and put in the oven until ready to eat!  Enjoy! :)


*Birthday Cake Variation:  add 1/2 cup powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar and lots of sprinkles into the batter to liking.  When the first side of your pancake is cooking and the other side is still runny, add more sprinkles!  We serve ours with a thinned down royal icing made of powdered sugar and milk.  (And happily only enjoy this on birthday mornings!)

*Whole Wheat Variation: Substitute whole wheat flour for regular flower, add 1/4 cup applesauce to wet ingredients and 1/4 cup wheat germ to dry ingredients.  Cook as usual.  

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love you, girl! Glad you are back in blog land. I need to get back to it as well . . .Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Comment on our Jaunt