Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kid Likes: Crockpot Rio Chicken

So, I found this recipe on Pintrest for Cafe Rio Chicken.... and since I have not had it in ages (being that we are over 2000 miles away from the closest Rio location) I thought I would give it a try.  It was so quick and easy-- throw it in the crock pot.  The best Sunday meals--hassle free.


The recipe I based it on is from  Mandy's Recipe Box:

Crock Pot Rio Chicken

3 large chicken breasts
1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 packet of buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 cup water
1 tsp chicken broth base (the refrigerator kind)

Put breasts in the crock pot and add the dressing,4 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp broth base and 1 cup water.  Then sprinkle over all of the dry ingredients and DO NOT MIX.  Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 5 or 6) and then shred with a fork and enjoy!

Tonight we had ours over brown rice and lettuce with cheese topping and some buttermilk ranch dressing made with the mix, 1 cup Greek Yogurt, and 1 cup milk.  So yummy!

As you can say my kids really hated it. {wink}

  

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Mel! I just copied it and I am trying it this week. After all, Dan is just a big Kid at heart, hope he likes it, too! Cute, cute kids!

    ReplyDelete

Comment on our Jaunt